Milton Animal Hospital takes pride in providing professional, compassionate surgery for dogs and cats. As an AAHA accredited hospital, we meet the highest standards in safety, equipment, and surgical techniques. Our hospital offers a wide range of surgical procedures, including:
- Spays and neuters
- Growth and tumor removals
- Trauma care and reconstruction
- Exploratory surgery
- Orthopedic repairs
- Dental and oral surgery
To improve recovery, our hospital often uses laser surgery. The surgical laser is a highly precise instrument used to cut tissues during surgery. It has many advantages over a conventional blade, including:
- Reduced bleeding
- Minimized swelling
- Decreased post-operative pain
Laser surgery is also highly effective at performing delicate procedures, such as repairing eyelids and soft palates, as well as removing tumors. Dr. Husted and her experienced team are trained in the use of laser surgery, and recommend the use of laser surgery on a case-by-case basis.
What to Expect
Our hospital takes great care to ensure your pet is safe and comfortable throughout surgery. In order to do this, all of our procedures include:
- Thorough pre-operative examination and bloodwork—to assess overall health and ensure your pet will tolerate the anesthesia
- Customized intravenous fluids and anesthesia—to promote circulation and minimize discomfort during the procedure
- Careful monitoring by a trained technician—to ensure your pet remains safe throughout the surgery and during recovery
- Pain medication and home-care recommendations—to help your pet heal quickly and effectively
Education is very important to us at Milton Animal Hospital. We provide information about the procedure, its benefits and risks, and our recommendations throughout the surgical process. Our compassionate and friendly staff are always more than happy to answer questions. Contact us today to learn more about whether your pet would benefit from surgery.
Love you guys! Always nice ☺ — Raven J
Professional people work here. From the receptionist to the vet techs to the vet, they were all on top of things. They made my two appointments smooth and quick. They were thorough in answering any questions I had and had great communication throughout, even after the visit when I had to come back and pick up therapy dog health paperwork for my two dogs. I’ve lived in MI, CA, SC and down near Perdido area but Milton Animal Hospital is definitely one of the more pleasant vets I’ve been to. — Tyler S. & Vanessa Y.
You guys are the greatest! — Robert B
The staff is always very helpful and friendly! ☺ — Ashley W